Fly Us to Sandakan

From Kota Kinabalu to Sandakan,
March 31st 2011

Our flight to Sandakan was at 7:05 and The Crown Borneo Hotel offered us a free transfer to the airport. They told us that it was okay to leave the hotel by 5:50 as it's very close to the airport. I was doubtful at the beginning. But the staff ladies convinced us that we wouldn't miss our flight and reminded us about our precious sleep even it's just for another half an hour. Well... I really hate to wake up early in the morning for anything else than capturing the sunrise. (Psttt... don't tell my boss!)

So this was Kota Kinabalu Airport in that early morning.

 Flying with Air Asia AK6092 from Kota Kinabalu to Sandakan.

 I had just landed myself on my seat when I saw... a train (!) passing by. Ya, ya, I remember reading about that also in Insight Guide Sabah. Ah, one day I must try it.

Bye... bye... Kota Kinabalu! See you again in the near future!
As suggested in "Insight Guide Sabah", I reserved a seat on the left which cost an extra 6 RM. The result... was tremendous! Worth a million times 6 RM.

 I'm flying over Borneo!

 ... and speechless.

I was amazed how the horizon line blended with the sky.

Tell me where's the end of the sea water and where does the clouds begin!

I suspect this is Labuk Bay...

And now, the clouds and rivers blend together.

 Judging through the map, this mustn't be Kinabatangan River. But what river is this? So many rivers...

Here we are now in Sandakan. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment