Us and Sukau - Part 2

Sukau, March 31st 2011

We were fortunate to witness hornbills flying back home that evening. We saw many monkeys... and puppies.

The flying hornbill...
The broken wing...


The Guardian of "Wildlife Sanctuary Lot 1" :D

This monkey is enjoying his evening on a rope bridge hanging over the river while watching tourist boats go and bye beneath him.

 This is the other side of Barefoot Sukau Lodge, right by the river. The picture below shows the veranda where we have our meals. A veranda overlooking the river.

 There were many cute puppies around our lodge. They were so cute and cuddly. Some seemed naughty and some seemed shy. This is one, looking so comfortable, in Dina's arms.

I actually had booked a night cruise trip. But Jo, our guide, said that the weather wasn't good and most likely we won't see anything. I took his advice.
Well, of course I don't want to spend money for nothing. But, I really hate sitting doing nothing. Please note, to me, chatting over a cup of coffee for hours I consider as doing nothing. A waste of time. There was nothing either around the lodge where I could find some activity. If only I had a book to read... I thought.

Ooopsss! That's a bookshelf. Hmmm... they look interesting. Some about the Kinabatangan river, the birds, and one about... butterflies! Wow! Butterflies!! Sitting on the dinner table, I brought my laptop, I started to name my previous butterfly shots I had taken in Indonesia, Malaysia, and China. I named them according the description written in that book. Wow! Now, I'm grateful I took Jo's advice.

If you ask my opinion about Barefoot Sukau Lodge, I can say, "Barefoot Sukau Lodge is a step away from 'perfect'." Why? I've written my review in Trip Advisor.


No comments:

Post a Comment