The Exhibition

Penang, August 26th 2011

Thanks a bunch to my friend, Wiwik, who first informed me about Penang Butterfly and Insect Farm. In terms of variety, I think there are more in KL Butterfly Park (Taman Rama Rama). However, there are several things that you can get here which you won't find in KL's Butterfly Park.

First, the photos of butterflies and insects in the gallery were totally inspiring. I've been to several butterfly parks, but haven't seen photos done so professionally as here. Usually the photos are just to show a certain creature but not taken with skill. About 15 minutes after I arrived, rain started pouring. But since there was much to see inside the gallery, I didn't regret the rain much. I felt like standing in front of a photography exhibition. Truly inspiring.

Second, there's a mini theater here. Short cartoon movies are played here non-stop. The theme was about the insect kingdom. There were not only entertaining movies, but also educational. They can help kids to learn more about the lives of insects. I sat there for an hour, I suppose, but I never came to the same movie. I wonder how many movies are there. Maybe one day I'll come to Penang again and sit in the theater whole day long.

Third, information about various insects, from big to small, from venomous to non-venomous, were also educational. I learnt new things about insects, besides butterflies. You also can see the insects mentioned, alive.

In short, Penang Butterfly and Insect Farm is more like a learning ground. Two thumbs up.
When I was satisfied with everything I had seen and learnt inside the gallery, the rain had subdued and the sun was shining. My driver said to me,

"You are lucky. The sun is happy today." Amen!

So here comes my exhibition for you. May you enjoy!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment