Trailing the Railways

Kuala Lumpur, May 11  2010

The one thing I was very happy about Kuala Lumpur was the monorails and subways. There are very much like Japan. I silently vowed that I will come back someday and enjoy trailing the railways from one station to another, just as I used to do in Japan. Here are some shots which I took using my mobile phone camera, Nokia N86.

Kuala Lumpur Monorail is coming ...

Monorail platform, very clean, very unlike my country...

Monorail one way ticket.
The ticketing system is not really like Japan's.

Kuala Lumpur Subway's platform.

Thinking that I had plenty of time, I walked leisurely and stood wherever my happy feet pleased to.
I knew there were signs now and then hanging over my head, but I didn't pay any attention.
I was on my way to Petronas Twin Tower and happened to on rush hour where many people rushed to the station.
Suddenly I felt a hard tap on my shoulder.
Shocked, I turned my head back and saw an impatient face in front of me. I instantly understood that she wanted to pass through the escalator.
"Wow... so impatient like Jakarta people," I said to myself.
Minutes after I looked up and read the sign. It said:
Please stand on the left to allow others to pass.
Hahaha... apparently that woman who tapped my shoulder so hard was irritated because I stood still on the right sight of the escalator and thus blocked her way.
I repeated this mistake twice in one single evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment