@ Tune Hotels Dot Com

Kuala Lumpur, May 11  2010

Although it was a very short time I spent in Tune Hotel Downtown Kuala Lumpur, it was a memorable thing to be put into some notes.

I had booked a room in advance through Air Asia's website for 223.723,62 IDR Being rather used to traveling in Vietnam, I can't consider this low price. This price does not include toiletries, not even a towel. If you need them, there's an additional cost. So is it with air condition. The room was also tiny. However, living cost must be much higher in Kuala Lumpur than in Vietnam. A friend from church spent more than four hundred thousand rupiahs a night for a room in a hostel in Kuala Lumpur. Therefore, according to Kuala Lumpur standard, Tune Hotel must be considerably cheap.

I used my own toiletries, but paid for a 12 hours air con usage. There's a big ceiling fan above the bed, but that definitely won't do with me in a place like Kuala Lumpur which is just as hot as Jakarta -- although very much less air polluted.

The way they managed to put almost all necessity into one tiny room is a creative idea, I think. There's a place to hang clothes, a hook to hang hats, a little chess of draws with a safety box inside, a reading light, and a folding table which you can use while the bed will serve as a chair.

The only thing uncomfortable here is that you'll sleep with the tunes of the vehicles running down the road even until late at night.

A considerably clean and comfortable toilet. You might want to sleep in here to escape the tunes of the vehicles down the road.

The shower was also nice: strong current and warm. Luckily it was included already in the room rate.

I shot this after I came back from hunting the twins. Petronas Twin Towers, I mean. Another thing I like about Kuala Lumpur is that there's plenty of light on the streets at night. It makes me feel safe walking down the streets alone.

I spent several minutes in Tune Hotel's cozy mini lobby next to a cafe. I also bought bread from Seven Eleven inside it. Well, it's quite convenient staying here. The tunes from the vehicles on the road is just something you have to pay for the conveniences, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment