Flying Photos

Kuala Lumpur, December 26th 2010

Why "Flying Photos"? Because I lost half of the photos I shot in Kuala Lumpur Bird Park. When I deleted them from my memory card, I thought I had copied them into my laptop -- and I still think so. How could half still be in my laptop and half gone? Where did they fly away? Hiksss.... The most ones I miss are the ones I took at the amphitheatre.

Hah, anyway I should still be grateful, because I did see the show at the amphitheatre. It was really interesting. Another thing I should be grateful for is that I'm having another chance to visit KL Bird Park in February.

Still, another thing to be grateful for is, most of the shots I took painstakingly from behind the bars are safe. Here're some of them.
You know what, the bird behind was pushing its friend aside with its head. But instead of giving way, the bird in front moved closer and thus its friend couldn't come out.

Ah... I can stand here for hours just watching them play. I think I should move to Kuala Lumpur... hahaha.

Happy couple!
It seemed that it was kind of mating season for birds, because unlike the first time I came last September, the birds here, not only the love birds, I found often petting with each other. This bird, too, went inside its house with another friend. And then it came out still with its friend's feather in its beak. Hahaha.

I'm still displaying my shots from behind the bar. After the Peach-face Love Bird, and now the Budgerigar.

You know I'm a big fan of the color blue. I am especially fond of this one. But adding to the difficulty of shooting from behind the bars, there were many visitors. The kids would press their hand on the cage, point here and their, shout to their parents, like "Daddy, Daddy, look! The bird has a golden beak!" Thus, the birds hopped, flew, up and down, as if inviting the kids to play with them. There went my shot. Blur.

My favorite Cockatiel because of its red rouge on its cheek. I just think that God is so cool for creating this rouge on bird's cheek with yellow head. And see the crest? Hahaha, neatly "hair-sprayed".

A Blue Indian Ring Neck. Not a "from-behind-the-bars shot" anymore. But now I had to fight against the sunshine shining from outside their cage. It was a huge, huge, cage that we could walk inside it and let the birds fly around us. Just to feel them be around us freely was an experience itself.

As mentioned before, the birds seemed to be in season. I had always thought that birds would mate only with exactly the very same kind.

This white birds seems to be the rose. Every bird seeks to get its chance. LOL

Aren't they cute?

It was rather difficult to shoot them because they were up right under the roof. Unlike the other birds, I don't understand why they seem to be always there. The first time I visited KL Bird Park, I saw them there. They never flew up and down like the rest. This time I met them still under the roof. When I was about to exit the park, I had to enter their cage again. And, they were still under the roof! It seems to be their favorite hang out spot!

KL Bird Park, see you again, soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment