Sandakan City Tour (Part 2 of 2)

Sandakan, April 2nd 2011

This is still about our city tour in Sandakan before flying to Kuala Lumpur. Our next destination was St. Michael's Church and Sandakan Harbour Square.

Oh ya, it was here also where we went up and down the street to find a money changer. We were running out of cash. And when we already loaded our purse with plenty of ringgits, I decided to have a big dinner but it turned into a disaster :D




Aaarrrghhh. I really regret my CPL lens that got stuck on my lens. The sky and the sunshine was actually on perfect condition, but I failed to capture the touch. This is what's called being at the right place at the right time with the wrong stuff. Grrr.

 Oh ya, I forgot to tell you. This is St. Michael's and All Angels Church. Reference on this church can be looked up here.



 Taken from inside the car during a red light.

 Next destination: Sandakan Harbour Square.


 There are many restaurants alongside the beach. So many that we passed by two times from end to end until we made up our mind where to sit and have an early dinner.

Yeah, it wasn't raining. But the sky was cloudy although just several hours ago the weather was very bright.

  Yeah, it wasn't raining. But the sky was cloudy although just several hours ago the weather was very bright.

The WiFi was rather slow, but did work anyway. The food was good. However, the service was very poor.

I ordered chicken curry and got this. I was stunned on first sight. What?? Why does chicken meat in Sandakan look like eggplant?? But the waitress who couldn't speak English (and didn't understand our Indonesian either) insisted that that was chicken curry.

Okay. So I dipped my spoon into it. Oh yes, there was some meat below the eggplant. Oh well, this is "Eggplant Curry" with chicken. For awhile I didn't bother to taste it. I was still curious with my blueberry juice which the waitress said was "fresh" but didn't taste like fresh fruit. I guess the waitress merely nodded and say 'yes' to anything. If I had asked, "Is it a canned juice?" she would have answered 'yes' also.

I took my handphone camera and documented this eggplant curry with chicken. It doesn't deserve a shot with 50D. Aaarghhh. Now, I start my meal.

Ouch!! This is fish!!

"Dina, would you try it, please. Isn't this fish?" I asked Dina.

"Oh yes, that's fish!" she answered before pricking her fork into a piece of the meat.

I protested to the waitress. She went inside and returned with the paper where she wrote our order. "It's chicken curry here," she said.

Grrr!! "But this is not chicken!"

"So you want to change it?" she asked again.

Haiyaaa! She took my plate and not long after the real chicken curry was placed in front of me.

That's not the end yet. I examined the bill before paying. Now what?? They charged us for 2 chicken curries!! You know me-lah. I won't take that.

But I got a surprising answer. The cashier lady said that I had to pay for the previous dish, because I had already eaten it. What??

And then the cashier lady asked me, "Dari Indon ya?" (= Are you Indonesian?)

No comments:

Post a Comment